The Arteck HB030B Bluetooth keyboard weighs less than my favorite mobile input solution, the Logitech K780, but it also has backlit keys, which the K780 lacks.
My Arteck is light, and it lights up, thus doubly lightening my travel life!
Please pardon that little bit of inane wordplay. I can’t help myself sometimes.
Arteck HB030B Bluetooth Keyboard: At a glance
- Connects to (pairs with) one device at a time
- Suitable for use with iOS, Windows, and Android devices
- Rechargeable lithium battery uses standard micro USB cable (included)
- Backlit keys
- Frustration Free Packaging consisting of a sturdy cardboard box sufficient as a case for my travel use; zero plastic garbage
- Weighs 214 g or ~¹⁄ 3 lb
- 9.7″ x 5.9″ x ¼” or about as small as a useful keyboard can get for adult sized hands
- $20 (US) retail
Why buy another keyboard when I love my Logitech K780?
I bought my Arteck from Amazon in April 2018 for $19.99. That makes it noticeably cheaper than my K780. I paid $75.90 for the Logitech in 2017.
The Arteck HB030B weighs 214 g, simply annihilating the Logitech’s 863 g. In a one bag travel scenario, shaving off 649 g—75% of the heavier K780’s total—can make an appreciable difference to my carrying comfort.
I use a Bluetooth keyboard paired with an iPad Pro as an alternative† to a weightier, bulkier, less flexible laptop. The Arteck keyboard together with my iPad weighs in at 59% of the K780 + iPad Pro combo.
Here are some more visuals to show the difference in size between my two portable input devices.